Monday, March 11, 2013

Projects & Kids

I have a goal to get caught up on all my pictures so I'm posting shortly after things happen rather than a big long group of random pictures way later. For now we'll just have to go with another bunch of random stuff from last month. :)


We will most likely plant a small 1 1/2 acre field to areonia berries in the next few months. This field has been setting for several years so it's full of grass and weeds. Mark tried to burn it off, but it was to wet so we'll have to try again. I'll give more details on the berries as the project progresses.  (photo by Amelia)


I asked Amelia to take pictures of the fire while I stayed in the house with Allison. I got maybe two fire pictures and roughly 100 random ones like this picture of rocks. :) 


Allison is my little helper, she loves to be sitting in this spot whenever I'm baking or making a meal.


So sleepy, but she still has to help make cookies.


Allison and her cabbage patch doll sporting the "antenna hair". :)


Last winter we had a couple funerals and this winter the same. The first was for Mark's uncle and a week later my Grandma. She was my last Grandparent. I'll always remember decorating cookies with her, making little crafts at Christmas, stealing homemade cookies and bars from her freezer while her and Grandpa napped. When I was newly married and working at Vermeer I would go visit them everyday over my lunch hour, she always had a hot lunch ready for me when I got there. Both Uncle Dan and Grandma will be missed but we can rejoice because one day we'll all be together in heaven! What a blessing it is to know and love the Lord!


If you ask your husband how much it will cost to pave your driveway, he'll get you more rock in a hurry. :)


I love little garden experiments and so do the kids. Here Anton and I are are planting celery which has been growing roots in a glass of water for the past few weeks. 


The celery in it's new home.


So many babies to feed!


A friend and I took a beginners photography class in Des Moines last week. I'm so glad I did! I learned a lot and would love to take another class in the future! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear and see more about your photography class in the future!

    ReplyDelete