Sunday, April 19, 2009

Daffodils

This weekend the kids and I headed to my mom and dad's to hang out while Mark was in the field. We went out to the timber near their house to pick wild daffodils. Picking daffodils was one of my favorite things to do as a child. I thought the kids would enjoy this too.

Amelia showing us a nice yellow and white daffodil.

Both kids gathering their bouquets.

Grandma and Aunt Ang helping the kids.

My favorites!
The kids and I showing off our bouquets. Our house smells so good with all these flowers!
On a side note.
The ticks are out! :( Ang had one crawling on her and screamed and swatted him off. We all looked a little over each other a little to make sure no one else had one. Ethan was curious about this bug and asked what it was. I told him a little bug with a pokey sucker that drinks your blood when he pokes you. (This was to much information.) Later I found a tick crawling on me. So we all looked each other over again, no ticks. Poor Ethan asked twice that night about ticks. Once he came to me and said, "I think a feel a tack on me." :) the other time he got out of bed to tell me that Grandma said I needed to check him for "tacks" when we got home. I'm happy to report that they didn't have any on them. But poor Aunt Ang found another one on her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment