Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Project #2

We started the big project of re-siding our house in July. Mark spent many days working in the track-hoe followed by evenings of tearing off siding. The kids and I were his clean up crew, throwing all the boards and waste in the dump box.

This is our before picture. As you can tell we have two different types of siding and the wide stuff was rotting off the house in some areas. The skinny stuff was losing paint pretty bad.

The first thing Mark did was pull out the bushes. Any landscapers out there? I don't have a clue what to do with this space next!

What started out as a siding and 3-5 window replacement project turned into a lot more windows being replaced! I'm very excited about the windows, I can actually open them, and the weather has been beautiful!

Ethan is a big help! Here he is taking off storm windows, I think Amelia mainly supervised.

Tearing off siding sure makes things ugly!

We had a big weekend last weekend thanks to the help of my dad, brother and a neighbor who helped Mark all day!

I think we're halfway done!

Ethan had lots of jobs, first pound in any nails that didn't get in quite far enough. Then he had to raise and lower the skid loader bucket since they needed the bucket at a certain height and he was the only one skinny enough to squeeze out the door when it was at that height. Finally he did lots of running, filling the staple guns, caulk guns, handling hammers and nail guns up to the guys too! I'm so thankful he can be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment