Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gardening

Finally, I'm able to upload again! Some of the posts are of old news but my sister wanted me to add them anyway. So my big project this spring is to clean up my garden. It's been neglected for the last couple years because I had Elijah and Anton and they took up most of my time. It's amazing how many weeds grow, how much plants spread and take over and the amount of dirt moles can move!



April 10 - The "disaster area" pre-cleanup.


This particular area was invaded by grass, vinca vines and a few other plants that had simply taken over. I decided my best option was to take Marks skidloader and dig the whole area out. Yes, I actually did it myself! Mark was busy in the field so I took three big scoops of dirt out and relocated them along the motocross track. Then scraped a couple buckets of dirt out of Mark's corn field to fill in back in. Here we are ready to re-plant!

This area was full of huge day lily's and a few others that needed to be split.


A bunch of plants ready to head south to their new home in MO! My sister took two packed car loads of plants home from my mom's and my yard!


Oh look, my very own garden gnome!



My garden as of today!

Looking much better, now if I can only keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment