Saturday, June 12, 2010

Flooded

This morning we had 5 1/2 inches of rain in addition to the rain we had earlier in the week. As you can see from my pictures we are very soggy!

Ethan in the puddle/pond in front of Mark's shop.

The creek at the bottom of the hill is out, closing our gravel road and Hwy. 92 as well. Since the road is flooded most people turn just around in our driveway, but we a few teenagers attempted to make it across this evening and ended up stalling out. Remember folks, "turn around, don't drown!" :)

My garden is slightly lower than my yard, which created a another pond in our yard.

Ethan riding bike through the ditch. The water was knee high at the deep end.
We had a couple errands to run in town and a birthday party for my niece and this is what we came home to! BUMMER!!!! The carpet, couches, toys... all full of water. From what I hear we're not the only ones with water in the basement. What a mess!

I thought tile inlets were supposed to drain water out of bean fields not fill them up. Glad this guy isn't our field. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment