Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The past week

It's been another busy week at our house. Mark and I spent the weekend in Des Moines at a Young Farmer Conference. It was great to meet up with friends and also meet some new couples! I also enjoyed a break from the kids! :) Sorry no pictures of this.

I've had Elijah to the doctor twice and chiropractor twice and still I'm not sure how to handle his injured leg. Last week I took Elijah to the chiropractor and had his hip adjusted. It was misaligned which made it "shorter" than his left leg. Several hours after his adjustment I noticed he was walking much, much better. He isn't very careful and as soon as he was able to get moving he climbed on the bouncy horse and started bouncing away. I was vacuuming and didn't notice that Amelia had climbed on with him and really started bouncing. Long story short, I shut off the vacuum to hear Elijah screaming & see him hanging upside down from his bad hip off the horse; resulting in trip #2 to the chiropractor. We knew he had more going on than the hip issue so I brought him to the doctor yesterday to have another x-ray. This confirmed that he had not broke anything and that his ankle is sprained. We give him Tylenol a few times a day and Mark wrapped his ankle hoping to give him some support. Any suggestions for care of a sprained ankle on a toddler who won't sit still are welcome!

I realized today that not only our TV, DVD player and lamp got fried by the generator but also our sleep # bed. I was thinking my side was a little soft and went to change the setting only to find it was dead. Bummer! This picture is of Ethan taking apart the DVD player to get out the movie and DVD. He really enjoyed this!

Sunday afternoon Mark went ice racing on a marsh near Oskaloosa. The kids and I went along and hung out by the truck. This is Ethan and Amelia pushing snow off the ice. Mark was to far away to get any good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment