Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Week Old

It's hard to believe Anton is already a week old! Our first week with him has gone well. I've stuck close to home with the exception of a Wal-Mart run and a Momshine meeting at church. Which helps keep up the energy level. He still sleeps most of the time with a strange 2-3 hour wake time then it's back to sleep again. Thankfully when he is awake for a long time he is happy for the most part. I usually have to wake him up during the day to feed him and he wakes up on his own every 3 hours at night. He's had a few nights were he's wide awake for a couple hours, which isn't fun! I'm not sure how to best resolve that but we're working on it! I've added a few more pictures of him from this week.

Anton at three days old, snuggling in a blanket Grandma made.
Daddy giving some love. :)
Elijah is doing better then I thought at not being jealous. He still has his moments but that is to be expected. He seems to like his baby brother and often "pets" him like he's one of our cats. :)

Amelia has been very helpful! She loves to hold Anton while watching cartoons. This is especially helpful when I'm helping Elijah or making a meal. She also does a great job getting me things while I'm nursing him. I'm so thankful for her help!

I gave Anton his first bath after the other kids had gone to bed. I know they would have loved to help but I didn't think three helpers would be very relaxing for Anton. :) He enjoyed his bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment