Sunday, September 1, 2013

Summer Summary (June)

I knew I missed some pictures over the summer but I didn't realize how many! So the next three posts are going to be "catch up" posts. I'll go with the "better late than never" theory on this one. :) We'll start with June. This was our easier month, we didn't have a lot of extra's and enjoyed being outdoors most of the time. Elijah and I both have June birthday's, I turned 35 and Elijah 5, we're getting old! :) Check out the next few pictures for some of our day to day happenings. 


We enjoyed having our second cousins over for the day! The Ranger had quite the crew to haul to the creek. :) 


All nine of them had a blast playing in the water, the clay bottom is perfect for walking in. 


The clay also worked well for a dam. I enjoyed watching them work together. They had several "clay gathers" and who would bring clay to a couple "dam builders".There were also several quality control supervisors. :) They had so much fun and each of them willingly took turns doing different jobs.


It was a good year for strawberries! Mark's Aunt was kind enough to let us pick some of her strawberries.   We made jam, a pie and a new recipe, strawberry syrup! The kids enjoyed picking the berries and helping clean them, at least for a little while. ;)



Almost done!


Allison having a "potato party". 


Elijah turned 5 years old!


Mark and I went on a trip to Charleston, SC. (previously blogged about)

No comments:

Post a Comment