Thursday, June 13, 2013

4-H Farm Tour & Projects

This week Ethan's 4-H club hosted a farm tour. Several of the families in our club drove around the countryside to five different farms to see animal projects. We saw lots of chickens, which I enjoy, bees sheep, dogs, horses and a return bottle calf. We were blessed with beautiful weather and delicious picnic to end the evening!


 Our place was the second stop, here everyone is trying to see Ethan's sheep.


The sheep weren't interested in being on display and hid in the corner. Ethan did his best to get them to come  out. :) Glad we have a month to work with them before fair! 


There were a bunch of kids!


You had to watch were you stood in this barn, chickens in the rafters are a dangerous thing! 


My nephew with one of my favorite chickens.


Just a nice group shot.


My nephew showing us his return bottle calf. 


Allison taking a ride on Mark. I think he picked out the right shirt for the evening. :)


I had some leftover glass etching cream from a craft we did with our moms group. I realized that Ethan had  a Cadet badge for glass etching and it could double as a 4-H fair project. So he had a friend over and showed them how it worked. 


It is considerably different showing mothers near my age how to etch glass vs. 10 year old boys! :) They did well and are happy with their projects. I hope to find a couple more "art" things for Ethan and Amelia to do before fair and my dad hopes to teach Ethan some woodworking by building a garden box with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment