Sunday, September 26, 2010

Harvest at our house

It always seems that Mark harvests the field around our house when I'm not home or during the night when the kids are in bed. This was almost the case again this year. But I decided to skip out of a meeting to stay home and make supper for everyone and take a few pictures. I'm so glad it worked out for us to ride along! It's so fun to walk outside the house and hop in the combine!
Karl, Kristen and Ethan are combining in this picutre. This was the area were we had an awesome plot of soybeans last year. This years corn crop didn't have exciting yields, but thankfully we had a crop. So many farmers lost crops to floods this year.

Mark, Elijah and Amelia in the John Deere.
I didn't have my camera with me for Anton's first combine ride. So I asked Mark to pose with him for his second combine ride. Mark is pretty good about my sometimes excessive picture taking. :)

Mark's brother Kurt came up with a great way to put our name on the side of the semi.

Kristen and Karl helping combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment