Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer Fun

Summer has gone so fast! It's hard to believe school is just around the corner! Here are a few random pictures from last week.
We were mean and tricked Ethan into letting Mark look at his loose tooth. Mark then yanked it out. :) Don't feel too bad for him, the tooth was flapping in the wind and didn't even bleed when Mark pulled it. :) Ethan was pretty excited about it.
Anton turned 6 months old!

He is sitting up so well!

Anton isn't far behind Elijah - size wise.

Mark and I braved the Pella Pool with all 4 kids this week. We went there at 4:30 so the crowd was clearing out. We had lots of fun and I can't wait to go back next year!


Ethan was just tall enough to go on the slides by himself, which he LOVED. This picture is of the lifeguard pulling him to the edge after coming down the slide. We also enjoyed the lazy river, until Ethan stopped traffic that is. If you've been to the pool you know that they have waterfalls that pour water over you as you go under them. Ethan thought it would be fun to hang on the edge under the waterfall, which was fine until Amelia and my double tube got stuck under the waterfall too. Poor Amelia could hardly stay on the tube and I couldn't see anything because of the water. I gave Ethan's tube a shove to help out Amelia's situation. Poor Ethan must have fell off his tube and was unable to get back on it in the current. Long story short, as I came from under the water I saw Ethan being lifted on his tube by a "girl" lifeguard. He was NOT pleased with me and rolled his eyes and gave me "the evil eye" the rest of the way around the river. Guess he wasn't very excited about having to be "saved". :)

Mark made this dump box out of his old honey wagon frame and a dump box he bought from my uncle. He painted it and got it looking pretty good. Here he is using it for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment