Friday, January 16, 2009

San Antonio - Day 1

Last week Mark and I went to San Antonio, TX for the Farm Bureau Annual Meeting. We went with the other second year YF & R committee members a two Young Farmer contest winners. We always have a great time with these couples and it was so fun to get to know them better! Here are a few pictures of the trip.

This was the view from our hotel room. It over looked the Riverwalk, a tourist attraction in San Antonio. The Riverwalk is full of restaurants, shops and other "tourist traps". We ate most of our meals in this area and enjoyed walking around seeing all there is to see. Our first night there we ate with Schuiteman's at Boudro's restaurant outdoors! Yes it was cold but the restaurant gave us parkas to wear and some of the tables had heaters to keep warm. We sat right next to the water and a duck. :)
Another view from our hotel. I was happy that across the street was a mall. I'm not much of a shopper but I left my coat on the airplane and it was nice to be able to get another instead of wearing Mark's all week!
We met up with the others and went to Cowboy's Dance Hall. Mark and I don't dance but we enjoyed people watching! :) This place was huge! It not only had a dance hall, but also a bull riding arena, live bands and a mechanical bull ect...
This is Mark riding the bull. He made it longer than 8 seconds! :) I have a video of his ride but it won't load, maybe I'll be able to post it later. This wraps up day one in TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment